Abandoned // Great Falls Mill Ruins, Rockingham, NC

I have a passion for exploring abandoned places. Something about old ruins, empty buildings, and desolate areas just excites and fascinates me. I like to imagine what could have taken place there once upon a time. Over the past summer, I did a lot of exploring, and now I'd like to share about my adventures -- starting with this awesome place in Rockingham, North Carolina.



It's the Great Falls Mill Ruins -- originally built in 1869 and used up until the Great Depression. Then the mill caught fire in 1972, and all that's left now is some of the frame and scraps of old machinery. It can be found just off the highway at 307 W Broad Avenue in Rockingham, NC. Be warned: the surrounding area is completely overgrown with itchy weeds that are waist-deep, so dress appropriately. But you can't miss it; it's directly beside the highway.




Walking around this serene area, it was very peaceful and pretty. I adored the huge brick wall that was left standing, reaching up to the sky. It was also neat finding old rusty bits of machinery half hidden in the grass. Beyond the ruins is a little waterfall and creek. It was a really pretty place! When I visited this site, it was a super hot day in May, but I would love to see it again sometime in the cooler months.


Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

5 Responses to Abandoned // Great Falls Mill Ruins, Rockingham, NC

  1. Same here, Ashley! I am drawn to the history of the place and envision what it was like when a building is still operational. Good for you to do some exploring!

    By the way, I just updated my blog with a new post. I’d love for you to swing by: http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've explored it as well, along with many others. Fabulous photos. If you go back in the winter it's fabulous as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. official website useful link Go Here next page have a peek at these guys gucci replica

    ReplyDelete
  4. read the full info here directory you could try these out internet great post to read click to read more

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate your comment!

Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.