These mini apple pies were such a hit at a Friendsgiving dinner that I went to last night. They are the perfect little dessert after a huge Thanksgiving meal! This was my first time ever making apple pie and I was so happy with the results. I will definitely be making these again!
5-6 apples (I suggest using green because they are more tart and will stay crisper after baking. Red apples turn brown after being cut much faster than green, and they get mushier in the oven much faster as well).
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp flour
Refrigerated pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray. (The original recipe says not to, but some of my pies stuck to the bottom of the pan and were a pain to get out).
2. Peel the apples, core them, and chop them up. Put them in a large bowl.
3. Mix together the sugars, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and flour in a small bowl.
4. Add the mixture to your apples and mix until thoroughly covered.
5. Roll out one pie crust.
6. Cut circles into the dough by using a cup.
7. Place the dough cut outs into the muffin pan. Poke some holes into the bottoms with a fork.
8. Add heaping spoonfuls of apples onto each pie crust.
9. Roll out the other pie crust and cut into small strips, then weave a lattice top over each apple pie.
10. Bake for 35 minutes or until they are a nice golden brown. Allow to cool before taking out of the muffin pan or else risk having them fall apart (two pie's lives were sacrificed before I realized this!). Enjoy, and serve with ice cream to make it even yummier!
I used this recipe from This Creative Mom.